“XCI: Explainable Computational Intelligence” is a workshop of the 10th International Natural Language Generation Conference (INLG 2017) to be held in Santiago de Compotela (Galiza, Spain), September 4-7, 2017.
The main aim of this workshop is to promote the collaboration among researchers from CI and NLG related fields for the development of more understandable CI systems. The workshop invites the submission of short papers (e.g., on work in progress, system demonstrations, opinion pieces, etc.). Authors of accepted papers will be invited to participate in a collaborative position paper to be submitted to a high impact international journal about the ideas discussed during XCI.
- Call for Workshop papers or abstracts: April 2017
- Submissions due: June 2, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: July 3, 2017
- Camera-ready papers due: July 20, 2017
- Workshop: September 4, 2017
Topics related with CI and NLG, such as:
- Argumentation Theory for CI systems
- Content planning
- Data-to-text generation in CI systems
- Fuzzy linguistic summarization
- Interpretability in CI systems
- Linguistic Description of Complex Phenomena
- NLG and argumentation
- NLG for CI systems
Download the pdf version here.